Economic Development Showcase
June 1, 2016 at The Cabot with Secretary Ash and the Department of Housing and Economic Development Economic Development Summit at The Cabot
We have 5 videos to share with you!
Downtown Beverly Wants Your Business
Small Businesses Thrive in Downtown Beverly
Events Attract New Customers to Downtown Beverly
After 5 in Downtown Beverly
The Art Scene in Downtown Beverly
Check out our new brochure - "Downtown Beverly Wants to Do Business With You." If you would like a copy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Open Your Business in Downtown Beverly?
Independently-Owned Businesses Thrive Downtown
- Built-in Customer Base
- 12,000 residents live within walking distance
- 1,000+ employees downtown, 8,000 within two miles
- 5,000 students at Endicott College and Montserrat College of Art
- 25 minutes north of Boston
- Five commuter rail stations and an airport
- Commercial rents are among the most attractive on the North Shore
- Housing prices are reasonable
- Investments in Development
- 500-car MBTA parking garage opening 2014
- 100+ new downtown housing units recently developed
- Rezoning in process for development along waterfront and riverfront
- Rantoul Street and sidewalks will be rebuilt in 2015
- 300+ independently-owned businesses
- Highest concentration of creative economy businesses north of Boston
- Lively after five scene offers diverse dining and entertainment options
- New businesses recently opened:
- The Cabot
- Winfrey’s Fudge and Chocolates
- Wicked Art Bar
- Barrel House American Bar
- and many more!
Beverly is a historic seaside community with beautiful beaches, a strong school system and a pro-business attitude.
Downtown Beverly Arts District Takes Shape
- Population: 40,000
- Average age: 40
- Housing units: 16,000
- Median family income: $66,846
- Downtown Beverly has two main streets with a cohesive core of historic buildings, parks and open space, easy access to the water and plenty of low-cost parking
We’re creating an Arts District with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.
Beverly Main Streets
- Centered around Montserrat College of Art, the Cabot and Larcom Theatres, historic properties, dozens of galleries and hundreds of artists
- Growing our shared and co-working spaces (currently 65+ artists)
- Increasing tourism
How Beverly Main Streets Helps
- Beverly Main Streets is an organized group of 125 business and community leaders focused on revitalizing downtown Beverly
- BMS drives economic development by creating the infrastructure for businesses to thrive, development projects to succeed and for housing to be built
- We promote downtown Beverly throughout the region with dozens of events that attract thousands of people
- BMS is continually enhancing the visitor experience
The Future: Downtown 2020
- Financial incentives for business owners
- “Starting Your Business in Beverly” guide
- Connections to elected officials, community leaders and fellow business owners
- Leadership in changing ordinances and zoning to encourage business development
- BMS has worked with city officials to reduce parking ratios, streamline permitting processes, upgrade infrastructure, implement signage, allow outdoor dining and offer tax incentives to developers
Downtown 2020 is our vision for what downtown Beverly can and will become – a vibrant community that celebrates the arts and creativity with cool places to live, work, shop, play and experience. Downtown 2020 reflects the voices of residents and business owners and was crafted with help from Kennedy Smith, an internationally recognized expert in downtown revitalization. It centers around three goals:
- Downtown Beverly will be recognized as a regional center for the arts, culture, creative industry and innovation
- Downtown Beverly will be the location of choice for retail and creative businesses that appeal to residents, students and visitors
- Development in downtown Beverly will follow a clear direction that leverages the unique assets of each main street
Beverly Main Streets offers a comprehensive toolkit of financial incentives to open your retail business in
Downtown TIF Available for Housing Development
If you’re looking to build market-rate housing or mixed-use
development, consider downtown Beverly. Take advantage of our Rantoul Street TIF, offering a 50-70% tax reduction in years one through five and 25-30% in years six through 10.
Downtown Beverly is home to major events throughout the year which attract thousands of potential new customers to your doorstep.
In The News
Downtown Beverly has recently been recognized for our quality of life and economic vitality. Open your business here
and be part of this exciting community!
- Named one of the Top 50 shopping destinations in the US by Small Business Trends
- Featured on WCVB TV’s Chronicle
- Listed as a “Best Place to Live in 2013” by the Boston Globe
For more information, contact
Beverly Main Streets
248 Cabot Street Beverly, MA 01915 email@example.com