STAR Program (Storefront Adornment and Redesign)
|Improve your storefront for FREE! Time to spring up your business! Winter’s over and customers are coming out from hibernation to enjoy the downtown. If you've been thinking about sprucing up your storefront, we can help you! All are eligible. First come, first served until the funds run out!
Now in its third year, the STAR program allows us to help you make your storefront look great by reimbursing you for flowers, flags and more. Now’s the time to add window boxes or a custom flag to your storefront. Funds will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. When the funds run out, the program closes for the year. So don’t delay!
If approved, get reimbursed for:
Get free help with:
- Window Boxes
- Cigarette Butt
- Bin Broom & Dust Pan
How it works:
• Complete and submit application (click here)
• Upon approval, purchase your products
• Submit your original receipts to BMS be reimbursed
• Maintain your property per the guidelines
Click there for STAR program application.
The StAR (Storefront Adornment and Redesign) Program is designed to make downtown Beverly sparkle! So far, we've:
- helped business owners purchase window boxes, plants, flags and paint (Beverly Bootstraps, Organic Rainbow, Kitty O’Shea’s, Cityside Diner, Lindsey Building, YMCA, K&D Upholstery, Marino’s, Express Yourself and others!)
- purchased the white lights that shine in the trees on Cabot Street all year long
- weeded and mulched around dozens of trees
- maintained 2 downtown islands as part of the “Beverly in Bloom” island sponsorship program
New "Storefront STAR" Award
Let us help you become a STAR! Do you strive to keep your storefront attractive, clean and current? We have a new reward program to recognize businesses that go above and beyond to make their storefronts enticing to customers. Throughout the year, BMS volunteers will be on the lookout for standout storefronts worthy of the "Storefront STAR" award. The condition and appearance of your exterior facade (awnings, front door, sidewalk, signs and window displays) will be considered. Winners will be announced in the newsletter and receive a "Storefront STAR" window decal to proudly display.